P.O BOX 169 SEETA-KAMPALA
TEL; +256 753 351 350,+256 713 350 351
In Ntinda Zone at Merigen Day Care Center & Nursery School(500meters from Seeta Kampala Stage) behind Kobil Petrol Station.
Partners In Community Development-Uganda (PICOD-Uganda) was started by a number of professionals in areas of community development, social works, and education who have been volunteering for some time in Civil Society Organisation and civil service (government).
PICOD-Uganda started as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) in May 2009.Its a legally registered CBO as MKN/CBO/209/2009.
The organization operates in Goma and Mukono Divisions .Its mainly focuses at bridging the missing gaps in service delivery in aspect of social and economic transformation of our community.
PICOD-Uganda is currently being supported by members’ contribution, well wishers and organizational savings.
THE ORGANISATIONAL GOAL
To enhance social-economic change, community members contribution, collective awareness and proper care and support for community development.
Seeing a harmonious and a transformed developed community.
- To promote for an integrated development through social, economical transformation of our community.
- To promote for community participation leading to improved livelihood and sustainable development.
- To advocate for human right for a fair and proper judgment.
- To advocate for collective responsibility in supporting and caring for Children, Elderly and the Vulnerable
THE ORGANISATIONAL SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES
- Counseling and Guidance 4.Capacity Building
- Environmental Awareness 5. Literacy Education
- Children and Vulnerable Support
THE ORGANISATIONAL IMPLEMENTATION METHODOLOGY
PICOD-Uganda plans to execute its activities for service delivery in the community.
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH:
1. Discussions 4. Guidance
2. Brain storming 5. Lecturing
3. Community dialogue
- YOUTH FRENDLY SERVICES:
1. Social interaction 4. Debates
2. Seminars/workshops 5.Talk shows
- MOBILISATION AND SENSETIZATION:
- Information Dissemination
- IEC materials (Information Education and Communication)
COUNSELLING AND GUIDANCE
a) Youths in and out of school
b) HIV/AIDS awareness
a) Skills Promotion
b) Functional Adult Literacy Education
c) Community outreach
a) Skills promotion
b) Career Development
c) Consultancy services
a) Water and Sanitation
b) Tree planting management
CHILDREN, ELDERY AND VULNERABLE SUPPORT
a) Counseling and Guidance
b) Provision of scholastic materials