Kabimbiri Masgid Taqwa
P.O. Box 21035 Kasawo
Telephone: 0779 834486
The following objectives are the reason the organization exists.
- Encourage the establishing and maintaining of independent local, sovereign, autonomous mosques. Thus working with all believers who desire literal fulfillment of Mohammed’s prayer for this cause to minimize non essential doctrinal differences that divide the people of God, meanwhile upholding Quranic standards of holiness and methods of considering ordained order of Islam.
- To promote and facilitate community based mosque projects and provide management consultancy services to individuals, Non-Governmental Organizations, community based organizations, churches and institutions in the areas of organization, project and implementation, compunctions, finances, administrative skills, monitoring and implementation techniques for sustainable development.
- To provide awareness, training and education in order to empower agents of change in the community in teh areas of income generating initiatives, research, environment monitoring and evaluation for the purposes of capacity building.
- To play the role of advocacy an interagency communication for the benefit and advancement of mosque first community based organization, projects, individuals, and other institutions.
- To develop sustainable environment techniques and practices in the rural communities in the areas of management awareness, monitoring, evaluation and participory rural appraisal, planning and environmental impact assessments.
- To promote community based approaches for women empowerment and gender mainstreaming as laid in the Holy Scriptures.
- To promote community inittatives for the welfare of the disadvantaged and vulnerable such as those infected with HIV/AIDS, orphaned, widows and the needy in the community spreading the message of the Prophet.
- To enhance modern and appropriate Agricultural technology in the communities for improved productivity and food security.
- To promote training and skills development programs for youth leading to self reliability both economically and spiritually.
- To access communities to primary health care and medical services so as to improve the quality of life among the communities along side with the Islamic faith power and possibility to heal and change lives.
- To enhance development by assisting the communities carry out poverty alleviation programs for improved quality of life.
- To promote development of communities by setting up modern model development resources and training centers including schools, colleges, universities, and other institutions especially in the rural communities.
- To engage in facilities, aid and promote discipleship and other related mosque growth programs especially among children, youth, women, men and the elderly.
- To provide moral guidance and Islamic counseling services to the child and youth welfare organizations as singles and married couples in order to strengthen family quality of life.
- To design, print and publish pamphlets, curriculum, magazines, books, leaflets, periodical posters, newsletters, brochures, letterheads and any other literature aimed at enhancing development in Uganda and on the continent of Africa and for the spread of the Islam.
- To establish and operate a data base for institutions, mosques and Non-Governmental Organizations, electrical media systems of T.V., radio sattelites and others for broad casting for community development in Uganda and Africa for the spread of Islam.
- To enhance HIV/AIDS and STI related activities including empowering the community to provide welfare services to the persons infected and affected by the HIV/AIDS scourge.
- To establish a village credit Bank to operate on a revolving development fund system to avail funds for the development purposes in the communities of Uganda and Africa as a whole to the extent that the Islamic faith permits.
- To provide modern scientific and technical services in different fields in order to tap modern technology for advancement of the communities.
- To own manage and sustain property including but not limited to land, houses, vehicles, and many more.
- To enter, engage, participate and carry out the manufacturing and services supply sector and projects to the extent that the Islamic faith permits.
- To provide such other lawful sustainable development, technical management, and welfare services for the advancement of the kingdom of ALLAH and that of the community of Uganda and the continent of Africa as needs arise and resources allow.
There are 4 different categories of membership to the Kabimbiri Masgid Taqwa
- Life Membership: Conferred to the founder members and there after shall be conferred to immediate mosque members provided they profess the Islamic faith.
- Full Membership: Conferred to any members, mosques, institutions and Non-Governmental Organizations upon payment of membership fee as may from time to time be decided by the Executive Committee.
- Associate Membership: Conferred to persons and other groups or organizations who are involved directly in similar nature to that of the mosque especially in implementing specific programs in a given community.
- Honorary Membership: Conferred to certain individuals for their outstanding contributions to the furtherness of the vision and objectives of the mosque. This type of member shall be allowed to support the ministry, sit in meetings and contribute ideas etc. But, he/she shall not be allowed to vote or represent the ministry in any case whatever.
If you want to become a member of Kabimbiri Masgid Taqwa, the application will need to be addressed to the Executive Committee. All applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
- Pay a membership fee
- Will be registered in the mosque register kept by the Imam and general secretary of the mosque.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact the Kabimbiri Masgid Taqwa, or the Mukono District NGO Forum.